Grass-fed Beef vs. Corn-fed Beef
Grass-fed beef is different than most of the beef (hamburger, steaks, roast, etc.) you get at the grocery store or restaurant. Nearly all of the beef that you eat comes from animals that are in a pen and/or at a feedlot; they are caged in for most of their lives. These animals are fed corn — cattle are designed to eat grass (nature’s way).
Cattle fed with corn get bigger/fatter, because they cannot digest corn properly and it adds fat, which makes more money for the big-beef producers.
Benefits of Grass-fed Beef
Grass-fed beef has been shown to be a healthier beef option vs. traditional corn-fed beef. Grass-fed beef has many benefits that are not well-known to most people. Don’t take it from us, check out the scientific studies and validated articles below:
Articles from different US agencies:
– NIH (National Institute of Health): A review of fatty acid profiles and antioxidant content in grass-fed and grain-fed beef: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2846864/
– Mayo Clinic: Does grass-fed beef have any heart-health benefits that other types of beef don’t? http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/heart-disease/expert-answers/grass-fed-beef/faq-20058059
– The New York Times: Switching to Grass-Fed Beef: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/11/switching-to-grass-fed-beef/?_r=0
– Union of Concerned Scientists: Greener Pastures: How Grass-fed Beef and Milk Contribute to Healthy Eating: http://www.ucsusa.org/food_and_agriculture/solutions/advance-sustainable-agriculture/greener-pastures.html#.VfWbuxFVhBd
– National Public Radio (NPR): The Truth About Grass-Fed Beef: http://www.npr.org/2010/04/08/125722082/the-truth-about-grass-fed-beef
Free Range Grass-fed Beef
Free range, grass-fed beef means the beef is raised in the field, with many acres to roam and eat the best and most nutritious grass possible. These animals are typically under less stress and leaner than pen-raised beef. In fact, free range cattle can lose 1-2 pounds a day just from walking.
KindBeef.com will begin retail grass-fed beef delivery for customers in the United States in early 2016. Grass-fed beef hamburger, steaks and full steers available. If you are interested in being in our pre-launch VIP customer program, visit our VIP Customer or our Contact Us page.
© 2015 KindBeef.com – All Rights Reserved.